Sonya is a registered physiotherapist with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, whom is passionate about orthopaedics and women's health during pregnancy.
Sonya Rego, PT
Sonya Rego is a registered physiotherapist with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO) with a passion in orthopaedics and women’s health during pregnancy.
She uses her knowledge and experience while using manual therapy, soft tissue release, acupuncture, dry needling and a personalized exercise program in order to reach the client’s goals. Sonya enjoys taking continuing education courses in order to continuously improve her skills with a strong passion to learn more about women’s health throughout pregnancy and post-partum. She loves helping her clients reach their goals while working as a team.
- Masters of Science (Physical Therapy) | McGill University
- Honours Baccalaureate, Science (Human Kinetics) | University of Ottawa
Recent Clinical Courses & Accreditations
Sonya has a passion for learning and advancing her clinical skills through continuing education, in order to provide quality services to all her clients and has taken several post graduate courses over her physiotherapy career, with a focus on:
- Pelvic Health Solutions Level 1: The Physical Therapy Approach to Anyone Experiencing Urinary Incontinence
- Functional Dry Needling, Kinetacore, Level 1
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (AFCI) Level 1 and 2
- McKenzie Level A and B
- APTEI Shoulder Complex Part 1 and 2
- Caesarean Section: Preparing for and Recovering from Belly Birth
- The Physiotherapy Assessment of Breastfeeding Related Conditions: Maternal & Infant Factors