For those unsure where to start with respect to Physiotherapy and finding the right fit, we were asked to share some information. With the growing numbers of physiotherapy clinics and demands from the general public to seek non-surgical, conservative treatment alternatives for care, we are faced with the question of "who do I choose"? Choosing the right physiotherapist can be helped with some tips below.
Where is the office located?
- As it is known/heard, and with our ever busy lifestyles, it can come down to "location location, location".
- It matters, especially if you will be attending more than 1-2 sessions per week.
- You will want it accessible, whether close to work, home, play.
If you had to choose between PT you liked and one with lots of education/experience, it would be best to choose the more experience one. But, you should have good rapport with your physiotherapist. The good news is you can find and have both! Physiotherapists are quite knowledgable about medical conditions and physiotherapy treatment of those conditions, however some have more experience/training in specific areas depending on the ‘tools’ in their toolbox (pelvic health, chronic pain, acupuncture, dry needling, therapeutic taping, and specific body part training, etc). Try to locate a physiotherapist that you are comfortable with. After all you will be spending a lot of time together working toward your goals and health improvement.
How long does a physiotherapy session last?
Depending on the condition being treated, and the ‘tools’ being used to help with your treatment plan, a typical session may last anywhere from 30-60 minutes. After the initial consultation, your physiotherapist will be able to identify how often you need treatment, and how long you can expect to be in the clinic for. We are here to help you, by developing an individualized treatment plan to meet your goals.
Tell me about Motion Works Physiotherapy Orleans' approach.
- Evidence-based and quality physiotherapy care.
- We treat pelvic health & orthopedic (joint, muscle, bone) related issues.
- We develop exercise programs & complete screening assessments for helping you prepare for your sport, hobbies, and health.
- Individualized treatment plans - based on your goals & our assessment findings.
- Education is a key component of our treatment plans, as we believe you need to understand what is going on, what is the source of your problem, and how you can fix it.
- We work in a modern, private-room only treatment space. It is important for you to be comfortable and re-assured that you have our undivided attention and care!
- We are life-long students who love to learn more! We are always staying on top of current research, and attending local and national courses to bring you the most up to date care!
- Our assessments will last 60 minutes, one-on-one with a physiotherapist.
- Follow-up sessions are based on our assessment findings and goals, but last typically 30-45 minutes one-on-one with your physiotherapist.
- We look forward to welcoming you and helping you 'Get Active and Feel Great'!