Our Registered Dietitian can help you with managing a chronic condition, losing weight, or improving your overall health.
THIS SERVICES ALSO AVAILABLE AT OUR SISTER LOCATION: Nepean
Dietitian & Nutrition Services
Registered Dietitians are uniquely trained to translate complex scientific evidence into practical solutions that support Canadians in improving their health and preventing disease.
After a thorough review of your medical, social, and dietary history our Registered Dietitian will work with you to develop a healthy and balanced meal plan that meets your specific dietary and lifestyle needs. Our Registered Dietitian can help with healthy eating, weight management, chronic disease management, and gastrointestinal health.
What’s the difference between a Registered Dietitian and a nutritionist?
The title “Registered Dietitian” is protected by law, meaning that only those who have met specific criteria, including education, internship, exams, and continuing education are able to practice as a dietitian. “Nutritionist” is not a protected title in the province of Ontario, meaning that anyone can call themselves a nutritionist, without being liable for the advice they provide.
Experts in Food and Nutrition
To practice in the province of Ontario, Registered Dietitians must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a Bachelor’s of Science in Nutrition from an accredited University
- Complete a dietetic internship which involves a minimum of 1250 hours of supervised practice
- Demonstrate competency to practice as a Registered Dietitian by passing a registration exam
- Be a member, in good standing, with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Commit to ongoing professional development
Ready to get started on the path to better mobility and a healthier lifestyle?
Contact Motion Works Physiotherapy Orleans today.