Karen LeValliant is a registered physiotherapist with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO), and the owner of Motion Works Physiotherapy.
M.Sc(PT), Hon.B.Sc(HK), CAFCI
Karen is a certified member of Acupuncture Canada (formerly Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute - AFCI), and expands her educational and clinical skills, which includes Graston Technique, Functional Dry Needling, and manual therapy. She brings her knowledge, experience and exercise science skills to her staff mentoring and public education seminars.
She is always striving to improve her manual therapy and clinical skills through continuing education courses, to better help her clients and Ottawa area residents.
Currently Karen's time is occupied by her management and mentorship responsibilities across her 4 Ottawa clinics, which is limiting her clinical practice hours. She enjoys sharing her knowledge with the public and athletic communities through group presentations and lectures.
Karen is a 2018 Forty Under 40 recipient of the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce & Ottawa Business Journal's prestigious business award, recognizing accomplished and rising business leaders under the age of 40 in the National Capital Region.
- Masters of Science (Physical Therapy) | University of Toronto
- Honours Baccalaureate, Science (Human Kinetics) | University of Ottawa
Recent Clinical Courses & Accreditations
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute Level 1 exam
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (AFCI) Level 1 - parts 1,2A,3A
- Functional Dry Needling (Kinetacore - Level I)
- Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual & Manipulative Physiotherapy - levels 1, 2 Lower Quadrant, 2 Upper Quadrant
- Soft Tissue Release Techniques
- Graston Technique® M1 and M2; full certification
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) Certification Course
- The Temporo-Mandibular Joint
- Vestibular Rehabilitation: a Comprehensive Introduction
- Concussion Management Workshop
- Auricular Acupuncture, Introduction
- Urban Poling Nordic Walking Certification Course, Level 1
- Therapeutic Taping
- Lumbar Spine: articular dysfunctions (part 1)
- Low Back Injury: new concepts in prevention and rehabilitation
- Movement Impairment Syndromes
- Cervical Stabilization
- Lumbo-pelvic Stabilization: research and clinical update