Ratna is a registered physiotherapist with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO), whom focuses her physiotherapy practice on orthopedic & sports injuries, and pelvic floor conditions.
Ratna Purohit, PT
M.Sc.(Rehabilitation Sciences), B.PT, MCPA
Ratna Purohit is a registered physiotherapist with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO). She graduated with a Masters in Rehabilitation Science from McGill University.
Ratna is very passionate and motivated to help her clients understand and listen to their body, and identify problematic movement patterns. This empowers her clients to improve their body awareness, prevent injuries, and promote faster recovery. She works closely with her clients to develop exercise programs tailored to their needs, while providing consistent feedback and education.
Ratna loves helping people of all ages with a variety of pelvic conditions; orthopaedic and sports injuries; and concussion and/or vestibular disorders. For the past few years, her interest in the area of pelvic health has led her to complete advanced professional education training in pelvic floor physiotherapy.
She is also a certified provider of hands-on treatment approaches including, but not limited to, McKenzie Mobilization Techniques, Acupuncture and Dry Needling, Myofascial Release, Kinesio Taping, Orthotic and Brace Prescription, and specialized Concussion and Vestibular Therapy.
When not at work, Ratna likes to spend her time hiking, doing yoga, cooking, and dancing.
- Masters of Science (Rehabilitation Sciences) | McGill University
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy | Maharaja Sayajirao University, India
Recent Clinical Courses & Accreditations
- Pelvic Health Solutions (Level 1-3A) - (2019-2020)
- Pregnancy, Pelvic Girdle Pain & the Pelvic Floor (2020)
- Cesarean Birth: Role of Physiotherapy in preparation and recovery (2020)
- McKenzie Manual Therapy (Level A & B) (2016 and 2017)
- Acupuncture and Dry needling for Lumbar and Pelvic region, upper and lower extremity (2015, 2018)
- Concussion Rehab (Level I and II) (2016 and 2019)
- Vestibular Rehabilitation (Level I and II) (2018, 2020)
- Dizziness management Post Concussion and Advances in BPPV management (Online 2020)
- Advanced Manual Therapy Techniques for Upper Extremity (2016)